Wow! Check these out:
- Obama Is Looking for Jobs In All the Wrong Places
- Not Taxes or Deficit, It’s a Lack of Lending
- Class Warfare Explains Obama’s Bizarre Tax Attack
- Why, and How to Tax the Super-Rich
- The Buffett Tax Is a Blast To An Ugly Past
- Buffett’s Fastball On the Buffett Tax
This is just from yesterday morning’s press. There is clearly a lot of bluster about the newest Obama plan. But forget your ideology for a moment and think like a rational investor who cares less about who’s in office and more about asset prices. On that basis, there’s not much reason to fret about the Obama plan—it is probably a lifeless corpse on arrival. Maybe some small pieces will make it into the final deficit cutting commission’s plan come November, but otherwise the plan will likely get zero support in the chambers of Congress. The part that’s hard to figure is Obama’s current political gambit—it doesn’t seem this plan (even its mere proposal) is likely to win him many centrist voters in battleground swing states. Then again, the election is still more than a year away, and much can happen in between.